Protect Your Investment With Asphalt Sealcoating and Crack Filling
Benefits of Sealcoating & Crackfilling Asphalt Surfaces
Sealcoating and crack filling offer several benefits for asphalt surfaces such as driveways, parking lots, and roads. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Protection from Weathering: Sealcoating provides a protective barrier against the elements, including UV rays, rain, snow, and chemicals. This prevents the asphalt from deteriorating due to exposure to these factors.
- Prevents Oxidation: Asphalt oxidizes over time, leading to a dry and brittle surface. Sealcoating helps to slow down this process, keeping the asphalt flexible and resilient.
- Waterproofing: Sealcoating seals the surface, preventing water penetration. This is crucial because water can seep into the asphalt, leading to cracks and further damage when it freezes and expands.
- Enhanced Appearance: A freshly sealcoated surface looks dark and new, improving the overall aesthetic appeal of your property.
- Ease of Maintenance: Sealcoated surfaces are easier to clean and maintain. Dirt, debris, and stains are less likely to stick to the smooth surface, making regular cleaning more effective.
- Saves Money: Investing in regular sealcoating can extend the lifespan of your asphalt surface, reducing the need for costly repairs or replacements.
- Prevents Water Damage: Cracks in asphalt allow water to penetrate beneath the surface. During freeze-thaw cycles, the water expands, causing the cracks to widen and accelerate deterioration. Crack filling prevents this cycle.
- Prevents Weed Growth: Cracks in asphalt can serve as entry points for weeds to grow. Filling the cracks eliminates these openings and reduces the chances of weed growth.
- Reduces Trip Hazards: Large cracks can create uneven surfaces, presenting a tripping hazard to pedestrians. Filling these cracks ensures a smoother, safer surface.
- Prevents Further Deterioration: Cracks left untreated can lead to more extensive damage over time, such as potholes. Filling cracks promptly can prevent the need for more extensive repairs.
- Cost-Effective: Crack filling is a relatively inexpensive maintenance practice that can significantly extend the life of your asphalt surface by preventing further deterioration.
- Enhances Structural Integrity: By filling cracks, you're helping to maintain the structural integrity of the asphalt, which is especially important for roads and parking lots that experience heavy traffic.
In summary, both sealcoating and crack filling play vital roles in protecting and extending the lifespan of asphalt surfaces. Regular maintenance, including these practices, can save you money in the long run by preventing more costly repairs and replacements.
Unfortunately, constant exposure to run, rain, ice, wind, chemicals, oil, and gas will degrade your asphalt pavement. Over time it’ll become dull, rough, and full of cracks.
That’s why A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. offers asphalt sealcoating and crack filling services for the residents and businesses of Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere. Asphalt sealcoating protects the surface of pavement from the constant wear and erosion it faces. And if cracks form in the surface of your asphalt, we will fill them in so that they don’t turn into potholes. With asphalt sealcoating and crack filling from A.A.T. Infrared, Inc., you’ll extend the life of your pavement surface for many years to come.
Make the most of your investment, call us today!
Phone: (815) 966-0164, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Asphalt Sealcoating?
Asphalt sealcoating is way to protect your pavement from the constant damage caused by weather, use, and chemical waste. Take a residential drive-way, for example. An untreated asphalt drive-way will last for an estimated 10-12 years. But with regular maintenance and sealcoating, an asphalt drive-way will usually last for 18-20 years.
The process is relatively simple. A crew will come to your home or business and apply a thin layer of liquid sealcoating. For smaller projects we will use a squeegee and for larger ones, we will use a high-powered spray. We spread it out evenly across the entire surface of pavement. Then we allow the asphalt sealcoating to dry for about 24 hours. Although it may continue to cure after that time, it will be safe to drive on.
When Should Sealcoating be Applied?
Sealcoating is an important step for preserving new and old pavement. New pavement should be allowed to cure for a minimum of 90 days before sealcoating is applied. After that, it’s best to real apply sealcoating every two to three years, or when the pavement begins to look worn and dull. Extreme weather can cause sealcoating to wear more quickly so it’s important to keep track of the weather in Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere. Reapplying asphalt sealcoating should be an important part of any regular maintenance program.
Sealcoating is a great way to make your parking lot look brand-new again. Add some fresh striping to it, and it will be sure to impress even the most discerning customers!
Does Sealcoating Fill Pavement Cracks?
Sealcoating can fill cracks that are a maximum of 1/8 inch wide. Anything more than that and they need to be filled with a crack filler. Anything over 1/4 inch will need to be filled prior to the application of a sealcoating.
By filling in the cracks, A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. will create a smooth surface for the sealcoating. Otherwise you may end up with a perfectly black asphalt parking lot or road that still looks old. Crack filling also prevents moisture from getting down into the pavement’s underlying structure. By preventing ice from accumulating under the pavement, we can prevent potholes from forming.
Contact us Today!
All our technicians have years of training and on-the-job experience behind them. With their care and detail-oriented approach, your asphalt surface will look good as new in no time!
In Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere, there’s no one more qualified to do all your sealcoating and crack filling than A.A.T. Infrared, Inc..
Call us today! (815) 966-0164