Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere driveway paving experts
A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. residential paving services include expert repair or replacement of all driveways. Our experienced work crews have developed the precise mix of asphalt and concrete that work best for Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere driveway installs, overlays, extensions, borders, or entirely new constructions.
A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. asphalt paving services
A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. driveway paving services for Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere residential clients include:
- Driveway resurfacing
- Driveway asphalt repairs
- Driveway tear-outs
Asphalt sealcoating, for your blacktop driveway by A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. actually saves money while protecting your initial paving investment. Specially developed sealcoating formulas reduce the effects of the wear and tear that the average or highly traveled residential driveway endures.
What are the options for driveway repair in Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere?
A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. never cuts corners when paving a Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere driveway, and we don’t recommend unnecessary extras either. Our customer service policy guarantees that our paving expertise is freely shared with residential customers to help them determine the best options for driveway paving or repair - that also includes excavation or driveway border installations if required.
Committed to using only premium paving products and materials, our driveway paving services come with onsite supervision of skilled and experienced work crews.
Top notch follow-up and maintenance services, combined with warranty protection, is another bonus that A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. provides to protect your driveway investment.
Driveway paving tips and free estimates
For helpful advice on how to keep your Rockford, Loves Park and Belvidere driveway in peak condition and for a free A.A.T. Infrared, Inc. consultation with no obligation, call (815) 966-0164.
How is an asphalt driveway installed
Installing an asphalt driveway involves several steps to ensure a smooth, durable, and properly graded surface. Here's a general overview of the process:
- Site Preparation:
- Clear the area: Remove any vegetation, rocks, debris, and old pavement if necessary.
- Grade the area: Ensure proper drainage by grading the site to direct water away from buildings and towards proper drainage systems.
- Subgrade Preparation:
- Compact the soil: Use heavy machinery to compact the soil to create a solid base. This helps prevent settling and unevenness in the future.
- Base Installation:
- Add aggregate: Install a layer of crushed stone or gravel to create a stable base for the asphalt. The thickness and type of aggregate will depend on factors like the soil composition and expected traffic load.
- Grading and Compaction:
- Grade the aggregate: Use machinery to create a smooth and even surface, taking into account proper drainage.
- Compact the base: Use rollers or compactors to thoroughly compact the aggregate, creating a solid foundation for the asphalt.
- Installation of Binder Course:
- Apply binder asphalt: A thicker layer of asphalt mix, called the binder course, is laid over the compacted base. This layer provides additional strength and stability to the driveway.
- Compaction and Grading:
- Roll and compact: Heavy rollers compact the binder course to create a smooth and level surface. This step also helps to ensure proper compaction.
- Installation of Surface Course:
- Apply surface asphalt: A final layer of finer asphalt mix, known as the surface course, is applied on top of the binder layer. This layer gives the driveway its finished appearance.
- Compaction and Finishing:
- Final compaction: The surface course is compacted using rollers to achieve the desired density and smoothness.
- Edge treatment: The edges of the driveway are shaped and compacted to create a neat and clean appearance.
- Curing and Setting:
- Allow time for curing: Depending on the type of asphalt used, the driveway needs time to cool and set. During this period, it's important to avoid heavy traffic and other stressors
If you would like to know more about us or have any questions about our paving services, please give us a call or send us an email. We can’t wait to hear from you!